I Don't Like Being Alone, but......

As I make this post I am in the nation of Honduras. This trip is only a week long and I am already past the half-way point. Most of the time when I come to Honduras, I bring a small team from 2 to 5 people. However, this time I am by myself. I don't always like to be by myself, but every time I am, God speaks so much to me.

It's in these times I am alone I find it is so easy to draw near to Jesus! And He comes to me. It's like I'm in the secret place of the Most High (even in the physical sense) continuously. This proves that not only does Jesus lovingly and powerfully meet us in certain special places (like missions trips), but He is faithful to meet us whenever and wherever we make a place for Him.

I learned years ago that making a place for Him creates the secret place Psalm 91:1 describes. "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty." The word "shelter" from the Hebrew means a secret place or a hiding place. As Psalm 91 continues, we see that it transforms into a place of refuge and deliverance. Not only is the secret place a place of protection, it is also a place of  renewal and refreshing. It is in the secret place that we followers of Jesus become BOLD as Lions!

Too many followers of Christ are too busy. But only in the secret place can we be empowered to be world-changers as we are called to be. Let me encourage you, make room for the Holy Spirit. Make a place for Him in your heart and in your life. You do it by going to the secret place alone, privately, and expecting to meet Him there. He won't let you down. He will change your life. That's what world-changers do!